Sunday, October 11, 2009

Have I have gone completely nuts or what

I have toyed around with the idea of running for some time now. I enjoy being outdoors and I do like to jog.
A few years ago I would have never, ever considered a marathon or half marathon. Although, if I had started the training I probably would have lost weight before Turbo Jam.
Anyway, I have been bitten by the marathon bug again.
I ran Friday, Oct 2nd and over did it. I probably ran/walked nearly 6 miles. I could hardly move for 2-3 days. I ran/walked 3.5 miles yesterday and I feel great today.
Today was a rest day according to the training schedule. Tomorrow I am supposed to run 2 miles.
The key for me is to stick with the schedule and not think that "less is more". I don't want to injure myself before I ever get started!

So, I have until November 1st to get the least expensive registration fee. I will see how the training goes this month and make up my mind.

LOL.... I just laugh thinking about ME of all people RUNNING a race.

1 comment:

Diane said...

YAY!!! You go girl! You can do it!