Monday, January 12, 2009

Starting week 3

Today begins week 3 of ChaLEAN Extreme! Time sure flies by.
I am feeling so much stronger. My weight is steady, but I have lost inches. Inches that I can see without the tape measure.
With the DVD's there is a Kitchen Makeover and Healthy Eats.

1. Get rid of the JUNK! Keep healthy snacks to grab etc. That is obvious, right.

I thought I would throw in a few healthy recipes from the DVD.

Waldorf Salad Spin off
1 cup cooked chicken (from a package or can)
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 cup chopped green apples (she used package of already sliced apples and chopped them up)she says you can use any apple or grapes
1/2 cup crushed almonds
1 cup plain fat free yogurt
dash of lemon juice
mix it together and eat. You can even wrap it in a pita or whole wheat tortilla. Leave out the chicken and have it for breakfast. She says used the pre-prepared stuff as much as you want.


Yummy Chocolaty Jello Dessert
sugar free chocolate pudding
sugar free strawberry jello
2 scoops cool whip
mix together and top with 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
(makes a big dessert and is right around 100 calories)

Turkey Chili
1lb lean ground turkey (browned)
1 pkg chili seasoning
2 cloves garlic
8 oz black beans
8 oz whole corn
8 oz pinto beans
1/2 cup diced tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato paste
1/2 onion diced (saute with garlic before mixing with other stuff)


I will probably make the chili this weekend. It is supposed to be COLD!

2 comments:

Diane said...

I love turkey chili! I wish I had some today!

Anonymous said...

The chicken salad sounds good. I went to a meeting last month and they served a warm chicken salad. I think almost the same ingredients. It sure was good.