Monday, December 1, 2008

A trip to Benton for Thanksgiving


On Friday November 21st we left Texarkana and headed to Benton for a week long trip.
First stop was my sisters house to leave the kids with her for the night. We don't see them very often so the kids were excited to spend time with their cousins Katie and Camryn.
Saturday around noon Jeff and I headed back over to my sisters house to visit and have a little family party to celebrate Victoria's 12th birthday.


It was really great. In attendance was my parents, sisters Sarah and Brook, brothers Jim and Patrick, nieces Kaitlyn, Camryn, and Wednesday, nephews Jake and Sam. Robert (brooks husband), Nikki (Jim's fiancee), Jay (Sarah's husband) Quad (friend of Patrick's). Only people missing was brother Joe (girlfriend Saundra), sister Angela, niece Jessica. I think that would be it. So I guess there were 17 people in my sisters place. WOW!!

Jeff, the kids, and I spent the night Saturday night. Jeff got up Sunday morning and went hunting. Missed a doe and hit a little tree. Poor tree :)

Sunday afternoon we were back at Jeff's parents house.
Jeff hunted in the mornings and late afternoons. On Monday evening he had taken Victoria hunting. It was then he missed a buck and got a doe. Victoria was so excited to witness it. We stayed up until 2am "processing" the deer. Jeff and I were very sleepy. It is nice to have a freezer of meat though.


Wednesday I had to come back to Texarkana to work for the night. It was Wednesday that Jeff's brother and his family made it to Benton. After working all night I went back to Benton for the remainder of the week.

It was a great visit. Friday afternoon the boys got Mohawks. We had a great laugh.


Friday afternoon was the great game between Arkansas Razorbacks and LSU Tigers Battle for the Boot. I didn't watch much of the game. Jeff gave up toward the end. I watched the last and most important 30 seconds of the game.

Saturday the 29th finally rolled around and we packed up the car and headed back home. I am so thankful for HOME!

I guess that is enough about this for now.

No comments: