Friday, September 5, 2008

Food For Thought

Have you noticed that this summer has been pretty mild. Yes, I know we have had some pretty hot days, but not terrible and not LONG hot months. Typically we have June, July, and August of very hot, very dry weather.
Notice how after the first full week in August we had rain, rain, and more rain. Now it is September and it is still pretty nice out. With the exception of the "Tropical Depression" brought on by Gustav.

My thoughts are this; Do you think we are in for a bad winter? Its been a while since we really had bad weather. You know ice and stuff.

Here is a little poll for my 2-3 readers..lol

Would it be a good idea to buy jugs of water to keep on hand for the winter?
Should we be washing out our old milk jugs and filling with water to have for cooking, drinking, flushing toilets?

If we had a bad ice storm like in 2000 would you be ready?

1 comment:

Diane said...

Hummmmmm...interesting question. Would I be ready? Mostly. There would be a few last minute things I would need. But for the most part, I'm always ready. Creepy to some, but never hurts to be prepared for anything.