Thursday, July 10, 2008

Pizza

Last night we had homemade pizza again. Only this time we didn't make a thick crust. I actually didn't even make the crust at all.
Jeff prefers thin crust anyway. I was wanting an alternative to calorie and carb loaded pizza. So, here is what I did.
1. for the crust I used"Joseph's" Lavash Bread. At the Arkansas side Wal-Mart is it right at the deli. The bread is made from flax, oat bran, and whole wheat flour and contains 4 square breads. This is like "sheets" of bread. The great thing is 1 whole sheet has 100 calories, 4 gms fat, 14 carbs, 6 fiber, and 10 protein.
**if your are an avid carb counter you know that you can subtract fiber from carb to get your "effective carb count"** the ECC is the only % absorbed by the body.

2. then I sprayed a minimal amount of Olive Oil spray over the bread.
3. pizza sauce
4. shredded cheese
5. canadian bacon
6. pineapple
7. bit more cheese
8. splashes of pizza sauce on top of goodies
9. bake the baby!

My only proplem was the crust didn't crisp up like I thought it would. Next time I will bake the crust a little before topping it. Or use a rack or something to lift it a little off the cookie sheet that I cooked it on. Just needs a way for the heat to get to all the surfaces good!

I haven't done a complete nutritional count, but I do know that it is low.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Yummmmm, that sounds like something right down my ally! I can't wait to try it.