Saturday, June 28, 2008

Today is Saturday

I should have been able to sleep in this morning. I would love to spend a slightly overcast Saturday morning tucked in my nice big bed.
I woke up at 4am needing to go to the little girls room. I climbed back into bed hoping for that quick return to a sweet slumber. It never came. I laid there for what seemed like an eternity. PJ the cat decided he was in the mood for some petting. So he laid either at the top of my head or right next to me. He couldn't be still, he had to scratch and groom. I finally gave in and got up about 6am.

The house was quiet. I made coffee and washed the dishes right quick.
Just before 8am Jeff left for a meeting and I popped in my workout video for the day.
Today's choice was Turbo Jam Cardio Party 3. It is 50 minutes of great high energy cardio. It is a fusion workout of kickboxing, dance, and martial arts.
After that I did Ab Ripper 200! Sounds horrible doesn't it. It is 10 ab moves, 20 reps each. All done in about 6 minutes.
I burned a total of about 320 calories during the workouts. I have a problem getting my heart rate up and keep it up. I take a blood pressure medication that makes my heart rate slower. It is frustrating, but I have to live with it.

It is time to shower and get ready to go to the Friends of the Library book sale.

No comments: