Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Overcoming

I was not a big girl growing up. I was average. If I gained a few pounds it was very, very easy to drop them within a day or so. I did not learn a health way to do it either. I would just not eat. My mom kept Diet Cokes at the house all of the time, so that would be my meal.

Anyway, time marched on and at 19 I got married. I was still slender and "cute"...lol However, by the time we had been married 5 yrs and I was newly pregnant with our first child I had gained around 40lbs. Time still marched on and I began to go from extremes of depression and self pity for being so fat to ignoring it and trying to settle my mind on just settling with being overweight for my life.

After the birth of my second child I was about 60lbs heaver than I was at 19. Still battling internally with the same grief. I just didn't know what to do. I "tried" different workouts and crash type diets only to fail miserably within a couple of weeks. I was unhappy with myself and the fact that I just couldn't make myself do anything. I didn't want it to be a chore.

In 2006 I found Turbo Jam. To date I have lost 43 pounds and 30+inches.



In March 2008 I was the Million Dollar Body big winner. I am now in competition for $250,000. I am working hard to see this through to the end.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Wooooo Hoooo!!! Still so proud of you!