Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Dem Bones

Well since I no longer make my own hormones thanks to surgical intervention, I am now among the post menopausal women that get bone density tests.
Very simple procedure! You lay on this nice table and a x-ray thingy scans over the top of you. Then the computer calculates your bone density and compares it to that of a healthy 25 year old female.
Normal is a number of 0. My density number was - 0.3, which the doctor said was 3%. That is 3% less dense than that of a 25 year old. He said that is normal. I need to take 1200mg of Calcium daily.

Anyway, it is nice to know I am "normal"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad all checked out on your bone density. Hope your having a great day! I am on fall break for 2 days. Trying to do some catch up housework, now I am vegging out for a few minutes and thought I would bother you!
Laurie

JENNYB said...

always happy for you to bother me "anonymous". I guess the "fam" is doing well.