Thursday, August 7, 2008

Home

This week we have had electricians here every day. Today we will have the house to ourselves. They are nearly done with the work we need done for now. We used Nantz Electric. We would recommend them highly. The work left to do is in the attic. They are hoping for another day or two of cooler weather so the attic won't be to terribly hot.
We had a few light fixtures replaced and we bought the new lights at Lowe's. Yesterday we went, by recommendation, to Logan Electric here in Texarkana to find a wall sconce with a built in switch. I didn't realize how hard they would be to find.
Anyway, we had looked at Lowe's and Home Depot and they didn't have anything we really liked at all. Logan's had TONS of beautiful lights. We found the sconce we liked and the guy told us he can install the switch for us!!! DUH...I never even thought about that. HD and Lowe's sure never offered that service. I really love helping out the local businessman. It is much more gratifying than giving the larger corporations my money.

While we were there Jeff found the perfect ceiling fan for what will be his office. It is called a Gyro Ceiling Fan. Cool, huh
It is 7:30am, I need to finish my coffee and get ready to workout. I need a good workout.

Victoria is watching some silent movie called "Flesh and the Devil". A 1926 Greta Garbo movie. I will give her 30 more minutes.

No comments: