Thursday, June 19, 2008

Food Buying Tip..

Something that I have begun doing is buying my meat at the "we are about to have to throw out the meat" price. It has not reached the "sale by" date yet, but it is getting close. If you watch the store will mark down the meat a lot. Buy it and take it home and freeze it. It will still be fine past the date if frozen.
You can save quite a bit.

Places like Sam's Club is great. But remember, buying in bulk doesn't always mean saving money. Pay attention to prices.

If you have a bad memory (like me) and cannot remember prices write them down. As you shop different places pay attention to things that you frequently buy. You may be surprised at the price differences.
I will admit I am a bit spoiled. I prefer Campbells brand. But at over $1 a can I just cannot afford to use them anymore. I mostly use the soups for cooking rather than eating a bowl of soup anyway.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jenefer...me again! I am adding a food idea. When I find hamburger on sale I bring it home and brown at least half of it and freeze it into one pound packages. The remainder I make hamburger patties out of and freeze. This cuts down on lot of kitchen prep time! Takes the temptation out of going out to eat.

JENNYB said...

Thanks Laurie.